Your air conditioner has just ceased working on the hottest day of the year. When you go outside to view the outdoor unit, you come face to face with an unexpected sight: ice. You have a frozen evaporator coil, as it turns out. As crazy as the prospect of a frozen AC in hot summers sounds, it is quite frequent. It is better to get in touch with an AC repair in McAllen, TX, immediately to resolve the issue quickly.
What Are The Common Issues Leading To A Frozen Condenser Coil?
Before jumping in to call up a technician for air conditioning repair in McAllen, must understand the probable causes of the problem –
- Dirt And Debris On The Coils
The evaporator coil in your system will accumulate dust, dirt, grime, and other contaminants over time. This stops it from receiving the airflow it needs to transport heat, perhaps causing the system to freeze adequately. For this reason, evaporator coil cleaning is an important aspect of our AC tune-up service.
If you’ve manually closed several of your home’s floor or ceiling registers, the return airflow to the coil may not be getting enough air to keep it running properly. Another common cause for this issue could be when homeowners block floor registers beneath furniture or rugs without realizing it. On the other hand, a filthy air filter prevents a main source of air from reaching the line.
- Low Levels Of Refrigerant
A closed-loop system is the refrigerant line. However, refrigerants can be lost in some circumstances due to leaks or other issues. The molecules expand too much when there isn’t enough refrigerant, resulting in a runaway cooling effect and a frozen-over system.
How To Manage Once Your AC Coils Are Frozen?
- The first step to take is to make sure your air conditioner is turned off. Any continued use of the air conditioner at this time will just refreeze the already-frozen coils.
- It is advisable to let the ice thaw. The process can take up a whole day, so it’s better to find a more comfortable place to spend the day at.
- At this point, one must ring up for a renowned AC repair Mcallen TX service provider. A professional technician will inspect the situation thoroughly and assess the extent of the damage.
- If there is still some ice left, the technician will let it thaw and then come back to find and resolve the original issue that caused the freeze in the first place.
It is essential not to go for a local AC installation in McAllen, TX, and call up professional service providers who have technicians specifically trained technicians and address the root cause of the problem instead of making simple repairs.
For the best air conditioning repair services in McAllen, get in touch with JC Air and get all the AC repair AC installation in McAllen, TX, services at affordable prices. To schedule a maintenance check or get emergency service, call us at (956)-358-6836 or (956)-348-2227 or schedule an appointment through our website JC Air Conditioning & Heating.