You must have come across various HVAC companies recommending annual cleaning of your furnace system. To answer why your furnace’s annual cleaning is considered necessary, let’s first understand what regular maintenance does for your HVAC system.
How often should you clean your furnace?
You can refer to the following points to identify what makes an annual furnace check necessary:
- Reduced Repairs: Since furnace systems constantly work in the winter months, they require rigorous check-up at least once a year. This will decrease the likelihood of breakdowns as a tuned-up furnace will work more efficiently throughout the year. Reduction in repairs signifies lesser wear and tear in your furnace that will, in turn, increase its overall lifespan.
- Increased Safety: Furnace systems run on combustible fuels, and so they require extra care and precaution to ensure your safety. That being said, if your furnace is not serviced regularly, it remains at an increased risk for leakages of gas and general malfunctioning. Thus, your furnace’s annual tune-ups prevent any accidents that can also prove to be harmful to you.
- Saves Time: You might have faced the challenge of increased rates for furnace cleaning at the beginning of the winter season when you need it the most. That mainly occurs due to more demand during the beginning of the season. Getting your furnace system checked before winter will save you time and ensure that you warm in your house while other people are waiting for their furnace servicing.
- Better Air Flow: When your furnace is tuned up, it will increase airflow because of the well-functioning venting system. You might face the issues of restricted or inconsistent airflow if you skip annual clean-ups of your furnace. This can put increased pressure on the venting system leading to more repairs and even breakdown.
- Increases Energy Efficiency: A well-maintained furnace is good for your pocket. This is because if your furnace is cleaned regularly, it will function optimally without overworking, which will decrease the amount of energy it consumes. The yearly tune-up costs will be more affordable than the amount of money you may need to spend on its repairs. Thus, a skilled technician’s annual cleaning of your furnace will save energy and electricity-bill money.
- Filter & Wire Checks: Filters of your furnace may need to be cleaned and replaced annually. The dirt and debris can clog the filters of your furnace, causing problems in heating and venting. Thus, a skilled technician shall do the needful to ensure that the filters are dirt-free. On the other hand, just like filters, the wires in your furnace system must be checked regularly to ensure that they are not sticking, loose, or broken, as this can prove to be dangerous.
Lastly, annual cleaning of your furnace system will ensure that the manufacturer’s warranty is maintained. This becomes increasingly important when annual check-ups are a necessary condition laid out by the manufacturer that validates your furnace’s warranty.
You can contact JC Air- Air Conditioning & Heating company located in Edinburg, US, for quality services of furnace repair in Edinburg tx, and surrounding areas. If you believe that it’s time for replacing your furnace system, you can also contact them for furnace replacement in Edinburg, tx, during any time of the year.