Please don’t dawdle until it’s too late to find out something’s bad with your furnace and HVAC system. Allowing trouble to go undiagnosed is a simple way to rack up expensive rehabilitation fees. Rather, evaluate the most common indications that your heating system might need some attention.
By equipping yourself with the information below and keeping an eye out for the signals, you can maintain a well-functioning furnace, as well as an energy-efficient and happy residence.
8 Signs Your Furnace Needs Maintenance:
- Burner Flame Color: If the flame is yellow, this is often a dirty burner, and the color implies that the gas isn’t burning off entirely. That, in turn, means your furnace isn’t heating to its capacity and that the carbon monoxide (CO) generated by your furnace may not be aired appropriately.
- Moisture Buildup: If you notice that some areas in your house have moisture either on the ceilings, walls or windows, that could be a clue that there isn’t adequate airflow through your home. Stale or damp air implies that there could be an issue in the vents or in the furnace itself.
- Water Leaks: It’s probably no revelation that if there’s a pool of water around your furnace, it’s a hint of trouble. If you only see the leak when operating your air conditioning unit, the chances are that the water condensate line has a blockage or a leak. If the water is coming from the furnace itself, then there’s something more serious going on, and it may be time to call in a pro.
- Temperature inconsistencies: Temperature variance is often effortlessly repaired with modifications to the ventilation system. You might also have a worn-out thermostat.
- Excess dust: If your HVAC equipment is filthy, and particularly if the filters have not been repaired in a while, your system may be incompetent to remove debris and dust. Ultimately, the dirty buildup will cause it to fail and steer to furnace troubles.
- Uncharacteristic Sounds: Probably the most striking warning sign that your heating system needs attention is odd-sounding commotions. A professional can help you diagnose any unusual noises, as well as any of the above problems your furnace might be undergoing. A trusted HVAC technician is a great help to maximize your finances when you have an older furnace.
- Air Contamination: While less overwhelming than carbon monoxide poisoning, another environmental indicator that your furnace requires rehabilitation is dry air in your home. An aged furnace can lose its proficiency to facilitate airflow, causing dust, mold, pollen, etc., to collect in ducts and spread throughout the home.
- Obsolete Furnace: Furnaces usually top out after around two decades of service. The repaired furnace will be significantly more energy-efficient and save unnecessary expenses. It can even last more than two decades if proper furnace maintenance Mcallen tx is done.
JC Air Conditioning and Heating have been serving clients with the highest quality at inexpensive rates. We provide the best furnace maintenance in Edinburg, tx. Please make your appointment and call us now at 956-358-6836!